Monday, June 13, 2005

gotta love country music

Growing up in the mountains of NC, about the only music we could get on the radio on a regular basis was our local country music station. I still listen quite a bit (as well as whatever else I can get - boy, do I wish I had sattelite radio!). I heard the best song last night (and immediately thought of my younger brother). It is a new one by Keith Anderson (went to seminary with someone by that name, but I really don't think it's the same guy...)

"Double X L"
the refrain goes -
"I'm a mean, lean, love machine who likes to be held. Ooooo-hoooo baby, I'm a double XL!"

The rest of the song recounts all the skinny Barbie dolls who just can't stay away from him and need his lovin'.

Still really like Green Day, U2, etc, but really need that country music sometimes!

2 comments:

Edgy Mama said...

Redneck at heart, girl. Looking foward to your par-tay!

Amy Rio-Anderson/Running Rio said...

One can remove the girl from the mountains (really, really hate to think of living in flatlands so soon!), but guess you can't take the mountains out of the girl.