Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I love Harry (and definitely JK)

Being at the beach last week with my family did not stop the fulfillment of my desire for all things Harry Potter. The family spent Monday night at the theater watching the latest movie installment. It was really good - and I was surprised. It was a tough book to read - Harry is having massive teenage angst and Umbridge is just beyond awful. Yet, the movie handled it all so very well and it moved so quickly. None of us could believe the 138 minutes were up at the end. One thing they could have written differently - the end of Harry and Cho's relationship - little too choppy and didn't flow with the book as well.

And speaking of books, I found a bookstore on Emerald Isle and got there about 10:30 Saturday morning. A good chunk of the day was spent reading this final installment of a truly great series. I could have finished it in that day if I didn't interact with my family or cook them dinner - but some things have to be done. I did finish Sunday morning. I started crying on page 53. I will mourn some deaths for some time to come. And the big twist at the end. Wow. Guess I can't really say anything else without giving stuff away. I just need to wait for the next two movies now, and reread the Hallows whenever Hubby finishes it.

Thank you, JK Rowling, for a truly great series and many countless hours of enjoyment.

No comments: