Wednesday, September 19, 2007

'Bout fell out of my chair

So last night I am getting the crock pot ready for this morning (for dinner tonight), and sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor. It's getting late - a little after 9pm. (and that's late for me these days!) Sonny Boy's phone rings and I hear him talking. I was just about to invoke the "no talking on the phone after 9pm" rule when I heard him telling his best friend about a school assignment. Then I heard him say these words,

"You know you really have to write this stuff down in your planner. You won't remember your homework unless you write it down, and they're not going to tell us the assignment more than once. We're in 8th grade now."

I'm just speechless. After all these years and all this fussing, is he actually listening to me now?!

No comments: