Friday, November 30, 2007

American Gladiators

Back in January 1989, a truly classic television show appeared in syndication - American Gladiators. It came on every Saturday morning and pitted everyday, but quite athletic, individuals against the "Gladiators" in athletic contests. The entertainment value was definitely high. Malibu (pictured) was my favorite gladiator, but he unfortunately was only on the first season. I also like the first Lace quite a lot. But really, all the gladiators were cool. The competitors were quite impressive. ESPN Classic shows AG every evening M-F at 7pm, so I have been able to share this wonderful part of our culture with my kids.

With the writer's strike, my tv viewing is just about nothing right now. So imagine my joy when I found out that NBC is revving up AG again! Sometime in the dead of winter, I will be able to witness the next reincarnation of this classic "reality" show and I am sure, will not be disappointed. Tune in!

No comments: